According to ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, the exact period of the New cemetery's establishment is unknown. Presumably, it was established in early or mid-19th century. According to epighraphic data, the cemetery already existed in 1865. It appears on Russian maps of the 1880s. The preserved territory seems to be smaller than it is shown on the maps of 1880s and 1930s Most probably, a large part of the cemetery to the east from the preserved plot was demolished and overbuilt. The cemetery is surrounded by a concrete fence of one-metre height. There are about 300 gravestones.
Date of the oldest tombstone: 1865
Date of the latest tombstone: 1937