The synagogue was built in 1761 to replace a wooden synagogue which had been destroyed by a fire. The building was financed by Stanislaw Lubomirski, the town owner. The synagogue is a rectangular masonry building with a vestibule, small prayer - room, main hall and a women's balcony above the vestibule reached by an exterior staircase. The bottom row of windows on the north side shows that originally women galleries were also abroad the main building. The synagogue is built with eight, barrel-vaulted bays supported by a four-pillar central bima. Painted, decorative plasterwork adorns the pillar capitals, ceiling, and walls. Synagogue interior is richly ornamented with murals and painted stucco works. The synagogue was renovated in the mid-20th century, and underwent renovations in the years 1983-1990 and since then it has been the Museum of Judaica.
For the interior see:
For the vestibule see: