The Synagogue in Râmnicu Sărat was reportedly built in 1855. [See: A. Streja and L. Schwarz, The Synagogue in Romania, 2nd. ed. (Bucharest: Hasefer, 2009), pp. 106, 273.]
Sixteen lancet windows – six on the north side, six on the south side, and four on the east side – give light to the prayer hall. A second tier of small round windows lights the women's gallery. The windows are decorated on the building exterior with intervening pilasters and curved blind arches. A semicircular apse on the east side of the building marks the niche of the Torah ark.
The vestibule of the synagogue serves as a small prayer room and leads to the main prayer hall. The women's gallery occupies an upper tier (balcony) that compasses the main prayer hall on three sides.
For the main prayer hall see:
For the vestibule (small prayer hall) see: