Obj. ID: 30697
Jewish Architecture Marot Ha-sulam Synagogue (Beit Ha-Midrash Neve Tzedek Le-Adat Ha-Prushim), Tel Aviv - Bimah
The rectangular bimah comprises a paneled platform with a balustrade platform surround. above. It is accessed from both east and west sides. The panels are marbelized and each balustrade corner culminates in a bulb shape finial .
The design is repeated at the openings.
A reader desk with a slanting head is set allong the front of the interior of the bimah and a banch is set along the back, whill on the other side, is a plaque with a dedicatory inscription which read:
“Donation of the Gorodentzig brothers (5)782 (1922)”.
According to the oral testimony of the Rabbi's grandson Naftaly Siletzki the original Bimah had a dome which was removed later.