The brass free-standing back-walled Hanukah lamp consists of eight oil containers, a parapet, back, and sidewalls.
Eight triangular spouted oil containers are fastened to the back wall and enclosed behind a rectangular parapet which consists of seven oval openings in diamond-shaped frames.
The back wall is divided into three different sized parts. The lower part follows the same shape of the parapet and the central one is in the shape of a facade of a two storeyed house with a slanted roof. Two rectangular window frames flank two pilasters, which in turn flank an arched doorway with closed doors, surmounted by an oval window. The storeys are divided by a rectangular "balcony" decorated with three rows of holes. A slanted roof upon eight horseshoe arches, from which hang nine cylindrical solid bells, tops the facade. The roof is decorated with vertical lines, a wavy rim and two chimneys on top. The upper part of the back wall is decorated with two birds, facing outward and another pair of birds, facing in and touching with their heads flanking altogether a central base.
The sides of the lamp consist, each, of a rampant lion climbing on a tree and facing outward, while holding with its tale a vase-shape candle socket with a saucer.
Old IJA no. Sc_7062
See also Narkiss, 1939, fig. 88.