The monumental Torah ark comprises a three-level structure of carved and gilded wood fashioned in the Baroque style. The Torah ark is situated at the center of the eastern wall of the main prayer hall and extends into the area of the vault and plafond. Steps lead to the niche housing the Torah scrolls. The decorative images of the Torah ark include symbolic animals and birds, the stone Tablets of the Law, the high priest's hands positioned to bestow the priestly blessing, and musical instruments. A heraldic eagle and trumpeting griffins feature prominently in the top tier of the ark. This upper tier is situated against the background of the painted vault, here designed to appear as a rich golden curtain surmounted by a crown. According to an accompanying inscription, the Torah ark was constructed in 1861.