The brass standing back-walled Hanukah lamp consists of a row of oil containers, a back wall, legs, and a hanger. A row of eight rectangular oil containers is contained within a box-like section with a lid. each container has a ring wick holder at its front. The lid is attached to the back wall with hinges, and folds back to revel the containers. It is framed with a zig-zag pattern. Each container has a ring wick holder at its front. The back wall is rectangular and terminates with an arch. A round medallion is in its center, and bears an inscription engraved in square filled letters, reading:
ברוך##א' אמה אק )אתה ה' אלהינו מלך העולם אשר קדשנו(##במצותיו וציונו##להדליק נר של##חנוכה
"Blessed art thou, Lord our God, King of the universe, who hast sanctified us with thy commandments and commanded us to light the Hanukah light."
The medallion is topped by a stylized crown bearing a criss-cross pattern, flanked by two rampant lions facing each other. An inscription engraved in square outlined letters, on a haert plaque, is mounted over it and reads:
"Dedicated to the Lord."
The remainder of the back wall is decorated with a symmetrical soliate scrolls. It is framed by a band. The box stands on four curved legs. A ringed hanger is attached to the backside of the back wall, behind the heart plaque.
1. The hallmark depicts the cypher 12 within a rectangular frame. This is a part of a city mark used in Warsaw from 1809 or 1817 till 1851. Cf. Lileko, 1979 p.99, fig.82
2. the cypher 2 surmounted by another 2. This is probably the same hallmark as the first, that was stamped and restamped.
3. Unidentified. May depict an animal.