The cemetery in Pechenizhyn was documented by the Center for Jewish Art at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 1994 and again by the project Jewish Galicia and Bukovina in 2013. See also the website of the Jewish Galicia and Bukovina (http://jgaliciabukovina.net/147446/cemetery/pechenezhin-cemetery).
According to ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, the exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The oldest gravestone relates to the mid-19th century, so it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged during that period. First, it appears on Austrian maps of the 1880s and later on Polish map of 1939. The cemetery was fenced off at the initiative of the ESJF in 2011. There are about 500 gravestones.
Date of the oldest tombstone: 1855
Date of the latest tombstone: 1940