Obj. ID: 551
Sacred and Ritual Objects Torah crown, 1864
The two leveled silver Torah crown consists of a main part, a crest and an apex.
The main part is composed of a base and arms. The coronet like base is composed of a circumferal band surmounted by a pattern of alternating cartouches and columns. The band bears foliate scrolls intertwined with animals: deers, hare and birds. In the center of each cartouche mounted above the band, is a rampant regurdant lion serounded by scrolls itertwined with birds. An arch of leaves is mounted over each cartouche. Columns decorated with foliate pattern and surmounted by trifoil capital are saparating between the cartouches.
Six arms, are raised up from thiese columns. Each arm is decorated in its lower part, with a basket from which emerge a rose that is surmounted by a pattern of C scrolls.
The arms are joined together on top by the hexagon base of the crest on which there is an inscription in square filled letters which reads: "דכתר##כתר תורה##שנדבו ר' אלי## מלרזכיאל##יהודא##וזגתו מינדלי##בת בנימין לפק" " ? Torah crown which was donated by Eli son of ? Judah and his wife Mindli daughter of Benjamin in the year ?"
A bust of lion is attached to each corner of the base.
The bell-like crest is decorated with vertical bands and a circumfral wreath.
| DM 1057