Home
Object Alone

Obj. ID: 50911
Jewish Funerary Art
  Site of the New Jewish cemetery in Głogów, Poland

© ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, Photographer: ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, 2021

According to ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, the cemetery was established in 1743. After the First Silesian war. The cemetery was badly damaged during the war in 1813. Gravestones were used for the fortification needs. After the war, the cemetery was still used by the community. But in 1857 and in 1906 human remains were exhumed and were buried on the newest Jewish cemetery. The entire cemetery area is built over and now is an electricity station and offices – no trace of the cemetery remains. 

Perimeter length (meters): 307

Summary and Remarks
Remarks

5 image(s)

sub-set tree:

Name/Title
Site of the New Jewish cemetery in Głogów | Unknown
Object Detail
Monument Setting
Unknown
Date
1743 (Established)
Active dates
Reconstruction dates
Artist/ Maker
Unknown
Historical Origin
Unknown
Community type
Congregation
Unknown
Site
Unknown
School/Style
Unknown|
Period
Unknown
Period Detail
Collection
Unknown |
Documentation / Research project
Iconographical Subject
Unknown |
Textual Content
Unknown |
Languages of inscription
Unknown
Shape / Form
Unknown
Material / Technique
Material Stucture
Material Decoration
Material Bonding
Material Inscription
Material Additions
Material Cloth
Material Lining
Tesserae Arrangement
Density
Colors
Construction material
Measurements
Height
Length
Width
Depth
Circumference
Thickness
Diameter
Weight
Axis
Panel Measurements
Condition
Extant
Documented by CJA
Surveyed by CJA
Present Usage
Present Usage Details
Condition of Building Fabric
Architectural Significance type
Historical significance: Event/Period
Historical significance: Collective Memory/Folklore
Historical significance: Person
Architectural Significance: Style
Architectural Significance: Artistic Decoration
Urban significance
Significance Rating
0
Ornamentation
Custom
Contents
Codicology
Scribes
Script
Number of Lines
Ruling
Pricking
Quires
Catchwords
Hebrew Numeration
Blank Leaves
Direction/Location
Façade (main)
Endivances
Location of Torah Ark
Location of Apse
Location of Niche
Location of Reader's Desk
Location of Platform
Temp: Architecture Axis
Arrangement of Seats
Location of Women's Section
Direction Prayer
Direction Toward Jerusalem
Coin
Coin Series
Coin Ruler
Coin Year
Denomination
Signature
Colophon
Scribal Notes
Watermark
Hallmark
Group
Group
Group
Group
Group
Trade Mark
Binding
Decoration Program
Suggested Reconsdivuction
History/Provenance
Main Surveys & Excavations
Sources
Type
Documenter
|
Author of description
|
Architectural Drawings
|
Computer Reconstruction
|
Section Head
|
Language Editor
|
Donor
|
Negative/Photo. No.
The following information on this monument will be completed:
Unknown |