Obj. ID: 4944
Sacred and Ritual Objects Torah finials, 19th c.
The silver tower like Rimon consists of a shaft, a body and an apex.
The shaft is cylindrical and it is supported by a raised round base. Two identical grooved rings encircle the bottom and the head of the shaft. The upper part of the base is decorated with a circle of leaves. The shaft bears an inscription.
The body is pentagonal and it has the shape of two deminishing faceted tiers. The main section is mounted over a tiered bowled body base and is surmounted by a dome cap.
Each facet of the body is pierced and it is divided into three vertical bands. The two lower ones are pierced with an open round window. Each window is surmounted by a flower and is surrounded by leaves. The upper facet is decorated with a vase with flowers and leaves. The lower part of the body base is decorated with a row of petals and the upper part bears a zigzag strcpe combined with a pattern of leaves.
The cap is decorated with a row bearing a geometrical pattern surmounted by a row of petals. The vasiform apex is mounted over a disc. The inscription is engraved on the shaft in outline letters and reads vertically:
נדבת קק"י [קהלת קודש ישראל] פיסא לע"נ [לעילוי נשמת] מעלת החכם שבתאי א' [אלפרדו] טואף ריש מתא וריש מתיבתא בליוורנו תרפ"ד-תשכ"ד
"The donation of the Israel Holy Congregation of Pisa for the exaltation of the soul ofthe distinguished wise Shabbetai Alfredo Toaff, the Rabbi of the town and head of the yeshiva of Livorno, (5)684-(5)724 (1924-1964)."
| 44 (ON252, 247/8)