The synagogue is a massive building with narrow semicircular windows looking into the prayer hall. The rectangular windows of the second and third floor on the south side look into the women's gallery and classrooms. The place of the Torah Ark is marked by round window on the facade.
The synagogue was built in 1560 and restored in 1736 after a fire. An inscription above the Torah ark states that the restoration of 1736 and its decorations are not original to the building.
For the main prayer hall see:
For the vestibule see:
For the classroom see:
For the women's section see: