Paper, II + 52 + II leaves
Part I (Enyanei Lu'ah): Arrow within a shield (Piccard, Die Wasserzeichenkartei Piccard im Hauptstaatsarchiv Stuttgart, vol. IX: Werkzeuge und Waffen, 896 = Augsburg 1609/10).
Part II (Sefer Evronot): Double-headed eagle with a crown, shield and letters K, H and S (very close to: Labarre, Dictionary and Encyclopedia of Paper and Papermaking, Nr.90 A =Bohemia? 1618; Nr. 93 =Prague/Bohemia 1612; Nr. 95 = Eisgrub/Moravia 1614).
Full page: 178 x146 mm
Text space: 150 x105 mm
The text is written by two scribes:
Scribe A: Fols. 1-6: Enyanei Lu'ah
Meir ben Yehiel Pikart: Fols. 7-50: Sefer Evronot
The text by both scribes is written in Ashkenazi semi-cursive script in ??? ink colour.
NNumber of columns
The text is written in one column
Number of lines
Since the ruling was executed for the frame only, the text is written in various numbers of lines per page.
Scribe A: 27-29 lines per page.
Meir ben Yehiel Pikart (whose script is bigger): 22-24 lines per page.
Ruling is executed in ink for the frame only: 1+1 vertical lines and 1+1 horizontal lines. Tables are variously ruled.
5 quires of various number of leaves each: I8; II10; III16+2; IV8; V10-2
The catchwords for the pages are written horizontally in semi-cursive script at the lower left hand corner. Most of them are cut.
Fols. 51-52v were originally blank.
All types of decoration were executed by the scribes themselves in one stage:
- Full page painted gate in brown ink enclosing the opening text of Part II (fol. 8).
- Initial word decorated with crisscross in black ink (fol. 1).
- Coloured calendar disc on paper, in green, yellow, ochre and magenta, glued to the leave of the manuscript for the calendar use (fol. 20).
- Framed tables in a form of a hand (fol. ???) and two entwined circles (fol. 16).
The manuscript was executed by two scribes responsible for different texts: Scribe A copied Enyanei Lu'ah, whereas Meir ha-katan ben Yehiel Pikart copied Sefer Evronot. According to the watermarks and inscription on fol. 2 and fol. 38v (the last three lines) the manuscript was produced in Bohemia/Moravia in ca. 1611-12.
The manuscript includes simple scribes' decoration.