The building, originally constructed in 1892 as the Eben Haezerkerk and private residence of the pastor of the Christian reformed community, was bought and redeveloped as a synagogue in 1921. A year later, it was consecrated as a synagogue by the Nederlands Israëlitische Gemeente and continued to function as such until 1943. After the Second World War, the Jewish services resumed for a short period of time between 1945 and 1948. The building itself has since been sold.
In 1955, the building was used by the company N.V. Soekalakoe Thee & Koffiehandel. It was subsequently used as a physiotherapy clinic. After the building was renovated by the architectural firm Arambasin & Olink in 2008, the building functions as a private residence.
van Agt, J.F., Edward van Voolen. Synagogen in Nederland (Hilversum: Gooi and Sticht, 1988)
van Voolen, Edward, Paul Meijer. Synagogen van Nederland (Zutphen: Walburg Pers, 2006)