According to memoirs, the synagogue was a two-story building, with a dome pierced by windows. The windows were glazed with color glass "of all colors of rainbow".
Wall paintings and a carved Torah ark were made by a Jewish artist from Kremenets.
The synagogue burnt down in 1906. A small wooden prayer house was built several years later among the burnt walls of the synagogue.
(Melnitsah: pelekh volhin – ukrainah: sefer hantsahah, edut ve-zikaron le-kehilat melnitsah, ed. Yehoshua Lior (Tel Aviv, 1994), 57-58).