Obj. ID: 2201
Jewish Architecture Synagogue in Boskovice-Interior-Women's galleries-Northern gallery
To the main object: Synagogue in Boskovice-Interior-Women's galleries
The murals of women's gallery was made by Isaiah Maler son of Rabbi Yehuda Leib from Cracow in 1695 year. The round medallion with the artist's name well preserved in the northern women's gallery. The part of the artist's name also appears in the central medallion of western women's gallery. The date of the mural is encrypted in the quote written on the vault of the northern gallery. The renaissance ornament of flowers, fruits and jugs are the basis of women's galleries decoration. Small animals and birds are incorporated in the carpet floral ornamentation. There are few round medallions with inscription which are supported by lions or birds. The Tablets of the Law decorated with two wings and a crown placed in the center of the northern part of women's galleries.
| Traplova St.