The tas is made of silver and consists of a plate and a chain. The plate is in the shape of a cartouche. It is decorated with two cylindrical columns, rising over pedestals. The column's capitals are surmounted by rampant lions looking backwards. They support a coronet. Bellow the coronet are five-and-five Tables of the Covenant wich bear on the lower part a dedicatory inscription. Bellow them are two rectangular tablets bearing a dedicatory inscription. The plate is framed on both sides by a curtain which goes into a foliate pattern at the bottom. The plate is hung by a chain which is inserted through three rings attached to the back of the plate. The inscription on the Tables of the Covenant is engraved in outline letters, and reads:
Right: זאת נעשה## מקופת## שמן למאור## עי גבאי
"This has been made## from the fund of## Shemen Lemaor (Oil for lighting)## by the gabai"
It continues on the left: בנימן## אלמזנינז## ד"ק"ק) דקהילת קודש( פעסט
Benjamin## Almazninaz## of the holy congregation(int.) Pest
In the two rectangles the dedicatory inscription is engraved in linear letters, and reads:
בשנת ת'ק'ע'ד לפק##
בבהכ ספרדים "
In the year (5)574 (1814), in the Sefardi synagogue(int.)
On the back of the plate the inscription is engraved, and reads:" Pest isr.C. Gemeinde No.16.B"