The Fish-Mongers’ Kloyz existed already in 1830, and the city’s Maggid Rabbi Velvele prayed there until his death in 1866. In the 1880s the kloyz was taken over by the stitchers, who succeeded to acquire their own Torah scroll in 1912. In 1916 there were 37 regular worshippers. In 1939 the kloyz housed the Łomża Yeshiva, which escaped from German-occupied Poland and moved to Plungė in spring 1940.
Cohen-Mushlin, Aliza, Sergey Kravtsov, Vladimir Levin, Giedrė Mickūnaitė, Jurgita Šiaučiūnaitė-Verbickienė (eds.), Synagogues in Lithuania. A Catalogue, 2 vols. (Vilnius: VIlnius Academy of Art Press, 2010-12)
Marija Rupeikienė, Nykstantis kultūros paveldas: Lietuvos sinagogų architektūra (Vilnius, 2003), p. 105;
Genrikh Agranovskii and Irina Guzenberg, Vilnius: 100 Memorable Sites of Jewish History and Culture (Vilnius, third revised edition, 2008), p. 14;
Leyzer Ran, Yerushalaim delita (New York, 1974), vol. 1, p. 104