The synagogue was built in 1707 and was painted by Elieser Sussman in 1734 - 1735.
The Jewish community left the synagogue in 1760 and the building was used for storing hay. Pieces of the synagogue were moved to the museum in Bamberg in 1912 and then to the Israel Museum in Jerusalem in 1968.
Pictured above are sketches of the eastern and western walls of the synagogue made by Hans Droesner-Küps in 1909.
Sanctuary | Sanctuary Implements | Musical instruments used in the Temple: | Trumpets
Vase | Vase with flowers
New Year (Rosh Hashanah; See also: Isaac, Sacrifice of) | Shofar (New Year); see also Shofar (in the Temple)
Basket | Basket with fruits
Israel Museum (IM)