Obj. ID: 1343
Jewish Architecture Synagogue in Łańcut-Eastern wall
To the main object: Synagogue in Łańcut - Interior
The decorative design of the eastern, northern, and southern walls of the synagogue are well organized into a single scheme. The lower belt of decoration placed on the architectural cornice and consists of a continuous arcature that is divided by small decorative pilasters between each arch. Each of the arches is filled with text and each arch has a decorative frame, above which are varying heraldic compositions. The space above the niche of the Torah Ark and on either side of the two windows are sculptural reliefs made of painted stucco. In the left and right corners of the eastern wall there are painted symbolic images.
There are images located where the arctature meets on two walls. On the left side of the eastern wall there is a violin, shofar and cymbals, and on the next wall there is a rooster. Both are placed above medallions containing inscriptions.
The inscription in the medallion under the instruments reads:
הללוהו בתקע שופר
הללוהו בנבל וכנור
(Praise Him with the sound of the shofar
Praise him with the psaltery and harp).