Home
    Under Reconstruction!
Object Alone

Obj. ID: 12154
Jewish Architecture
  Nożyk Synagogue in Warsaw, Poland

© Vladimir Levin, Photographer: Levin, Vladimir, 2015

28 image(s)

sub-set tree:

Name/Title
Nożyk Synagogue in Warsaw | Unknown
Object Detail
Date
1898-1902
Synagogue active dates
Reconstruction dates
1923
Historical Origin
Unknown
Community type
Congregation
Unknown
Location
Site
Unknown
School/Style
Period
Unknown
Period Detail
Collection
Unknown |
Documentation / Research project
Unknown
Material/Technique
Material Stucture
Material Decoration
Material Bonding
Material Inscription
Material Additions
Material Cloth
Material Lining
Tesserae Arrangement
Density
Colors
Construction material
Measurements
Height
Length
Width
Depth
Circumference
Thickness
Diameter
Weight
Axis
Panel Measurements
Iconographical Subject
Unknown |
Condition
Extant
Documented by CJA
Surveyed by CJA
Present Usage
Present Usage Details
Condition of Building Fabric
Architectural Significance type
Historical significance: Event/Period
Historical significance: Collective Memory/Folklore
Historical significance: Person
Architectural Significance: Style
Architectural Significance: Artistic Decoration
Urban significance
Significance Rating
Languages of inscription
Unknown
Type of grave
Unknown
0
Coordinates: 52.236130, 21.001019
Ornamentation
Custom
Contents
Codicology
Scribes
Script
Number of Lines
Ruling
Pricking
Quires
Catchwords
Hebrew Numeration
Blank Leaves
Direction/Location
Façade (main)
Endivances
Location of Torah Ark
Location of Apse
Location of Niche
Location of Reader's Desk
Location of Platform
Temp: Architecture Axis
Arrangement of Seats
Location of Women's Section
Direction Prayer
Direction Toward Jerusalem
Coin
Coin Series
Coin Ruler
Coin Year
Denomination
Signature
Colophon
Scribal Notes
Watermark
Hallmark
Group
Group
Group
Group
Group
Trade Mark
Binding
Decoration Program
Summary and Remarks
Suggested Reconsdivuction
History/Provenance
In the period of 1939-1941 the synagogue served as a fodder warehouse and a stable. In 1941 the Nazis allowed to open three synagogues in Warsaw, including the Nożyk synagogue. The official opening was held on Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. The service was conducted by a senior hazzan, Dawid Ajdensztadt. Majer Bałaban(1877-1942), a historian, Warsaw University and the Institute of Judaism Sciences professor, who headed the Archive Department of Judenrat in the Warsaw ghetto, preached the sermon.
Main Surveys & Excavations
Bibliography
Short Name
Full Name
Volume
Page
Type
Documenter
|
Author of description
|
Architectural Drawings
|
Computer Reconstruction
|
Section Head
|
Language Editor
|
Donor
|
Negative/Photo. No.