Home
Object Alone

Obj. ID: 11526
Memorials
  Rudolf's mill in Ivano-Frankivsk (Stanisławów), Ukraine

© Jewish Galicia & Bukovina N.P.O., jgaliciabukovina.net, Photographer: Levin, Vladimir, 2009

There is no memorial at the place dedicated to the events of WWII.

Summary and Remarks
Remarks

3 image(s)

sub-set tree:

Name/Title
Rudolf's mill in Ivano-Frankivsk (Stanisławów) | Unknown
Object Detail
during WWII was used as an assembly place and killing site
Date
Active dates
Reconstruction dates
Artist/ Maker
Unknown
Historical Origin
Unknown
Community type
Congregation
Unknown
Site
Unknown
School/Style
Unknown|
Period
Unknown
Period Detail
Collection
Unknown |
Documentation / Research project
Unknown
Iconographical Subject
Unknown |
Textual Content
Unknown |
Languages of inscription
Unknown
Shape / Form
Unknown
Material / Technique
Material Stucture
Material Decoration
Material Bonding
Material Inscription
Material Additions
Material Cloth
Material Lining
Tesserae Arrangement
Density
Colors
Construction material
Measurements
Height
Length
Width
Depth
Circumference
Thickness
Diameter
Weight
Axis
Panel Measurements
Condition
Extant
Documented by CJA
Surveyed by CJA
Present Usage
Present Usage Details
Condition of Building Fabric
Architectural Significance type
Historical significance: Event/Period
Historical significance: Collective Memory/Folklore
Historical significance: Person
Architectural Significance: Style
Architectural Significance: Artistic Decoration
Urban significance
Significance Rating
0
Ornamentation
Custom
Contents
Codicology
Scribes
Script
Number of Lines
Ruling
Pricking
Quires
Catchwords
Hebrew Numeration
Blank Leaves
Direction/Location
Façade (main)
Endivances
Location of Torah Ark
Location of Apse
Location of Niche
Location of Reader's Desk
Location of Platform
Temp: Architecture Axis
Arrangement of Seats
Location of Women's Section
Direction Prayer
Direction Toward Jerusalem
Coin
Coin Series
Coin Ruler
Coin Year
Denomination
Signature
Colophon
Scribal Notes
Watermark
Hallmark
Group
Group
Group
Group
Group
Trade Mark
Binding
Decoration Program
Suggested Reconsdivuction
History/Provenance

In 1939, there were about 140,000 Jews in the Stanisławów region. In July 1941, the Hungarian army occupied the Stanisłwów region and Nazi Germany control of it in August 1941. Nazi Germans started local Actions in towns and villages almost right after the occupation of the region. In 1942 they started to deport Jews to the Bełżec killing center. Since the spring 1942, Nazis also began to concentrate Jews from nearby places in the Stanisławów Ghetto. The Nazis deported there 680 Jews from Lysets district, 4,000 Jews from Tłumacz, 1862 Jews from Sołotwin district, 870 Jews from Bohorodczany, 2,800 Jews from Nadwórna, 1,500 Jews from Tysmenica, 700 Jews from Halicz, 2,500 Jews from Kałusz, 1,200 Jews from Ottynia, 66 Jewish families from Czerniejów and the Jews from Wojniłów and Jezupol districts. 

Most of these people were placed in the Rudolf's mill and the Shusman Factory. On May 7, 1942, Nazis shot about 600 Jews there. Every Saturday from July until October 1942, Nazis brought 500 Jews from the Rudolf's mill and the Shusman Factory to the Stanisławów New Jewish Cemetery and shot them there. In July 1942, a group of Jews from Bolechów was shot in the New Jewish cemetery in Stanisławów.

Main Surveys & Excavations
Sources

Sedova, Marina, Vid Stanyslavova do Ivano-Frankivs'ka: Putivnyk shliakhamy evreïv (Ivano-Frankivsk, n.d.)
Type
Documenter
|
Author of description
|
Architectural Drawings
|
Computer Reconstruction
|
Section Head
|
Language Editor
|
Donor
|
Negative/Photo. No.
The following information on this monument will be completed:
Unknown |