The silver Torah shield is rectangular and terminates with a semi circular arch. It consists of a plate.## Depicted in the center are arched hinged double doors. The right door has a knob. They bear a flower on the lower half and a geometric diamond grid design above. A cartouche below bears a dedicatory inscription in square outline letters which reads: "שייך להנגיד##ר' )רב( שמואל בן מהורר )מורנו הרב רבי(##אברהם סגל##שנת תק"פ לפ"ק"## "Belongs to the affluent Rabbi Samuel son of our teacher and Rabbi, the Rabbi Abraham Segal, the year 5580 (1820)." Flanking the doors are two columns in the form of ropes entwined by a vine. The capital is a two handled basket which holds fruit and foliage. Flanking the composition is a flowering plant, it stems from a spouted jug which rests on a basin. A bird perched on the top branch pecks at the basket. Surmounting the composition are the Tablets of the Covenant inscribed with the first words of the ten commandments, five on each side. Two lions rampant regardant flank the Tablets. Flanking the tablets are two lions rampant regardant. Located in the arch is a coronet flanked by two hands performing the priestly blessing. The frame consists of an openwork scalloped edge. A chain hangs from two hooks located on the back of the shield.
1. The hallmark depicts a cartouch frame with the cypher 13 within a circle in the center. The circle is surmounted by the letter D and is surrounded by the date 1819.
This is an Austro-Hungarian authority mark and the letter D indicates Lvov.
cf. R3 vol. IV, no. 7986.## Divis p. 222, no. 1901 ## Lepszy, p. 231, no. 191
2. The hallmark is indentical as the first but the date is 1920.
3. The hallmark depicts a cartouche centered by the letters F and T combained together and surmounted by a small letter D. This is a tax mark for large items between 1810-1824. The letter D represents Lvov. cf. Divis, p. 95, no. 564.
4. The hallmark depicts the letter N above the letter S within a oval frame. It is probably an artist mark but it is unidentified.
5. The hallmark depicts three letters within an arrow-like frame. It is unidentified.