The prayer hall is rectangular. Its wall are divided by pilasters, and it stands to reason that before the renovation of 1902, those pilasters bore the vaults which rested on a bimah-support in the center of the hall. In 1902 the vaults were replaced by an elaborate interior dome.
The women’s section is connected to the prayer hall through five large arches in the upper tier of the western wall. They probably were installed during the renovation of 1902 and then bricked up after WWII.
The upper parts of the pilasters, above the entablement, are decorated with sunken rectangles in which the zodiac signs are depicted.
The central pilasters flanking the Torah ark on the eastern wall are decorated with plaques painted to look like marble; two Stars of David decorate the wall on either side of the round window above the ark.