The silver Torah shield is rectangular and terminates with a semi circular arch. It consists of a plate. The Tables of the Covenant are depicted in the center and bear the opening words of the Ten Commandments.
An inscription under the comandements reads:
נ"ע ש"ה תרכ"ד [=1864]
Two vine enscrolled corinthian columns flank the Tablets. Two griffins rampant regardant top two pillared towers which flank the composition. They grasp a protruding crown topped by a bud which surmounts the shield.
Below is a band which bears a dedicatory inscription in square filled letters which reads:
"אברהם בש"מ / אברהם מאיר שו"ב [שוחט ובודק] / חיים אריה ב"ד
In the center beneath the band is a cartouche flanked by two facing lions couchant. A hanging chain is attached through a hole at the shields upper corners.