The silver Torah shield is square and terminates with a semi-circular arch. It consists of a plate.
In square plaque terminating with an ogee shaped arch is located in the center. The plaque has six rectangular framed boxes. Each bears a single word of the dedicatory inscription. The square linear letters read from right to left:
נאום / יעקב / יוסף / במהר [במורינו הרבי] / אליהו / יצ"ו (ישמור צורתו וישמרהו]
"Signed by our teacher the Rabbi Jacob Joseph son of Elijah may he be saved"
Two lions rampant regardant flank the plaque. Below the plaque is a cartouche bearing an inscription, the square outline letters read:
שנת / תקנואו
"The year 563 (1803)."
Symmetrical foliate scroll pattern stems from two vertical branches above the plaque and frames the composition, filling the empty areas. A solid band frames the shield.
There are two holes for a hanging chain in the two upper corners.