The silver Torah shield is rectangular and terminates with a semi circular arch.It consists of a plate. The center depicts the Tables of the Covenant bearing a dedicatory inscription, written in five lines on each side in square linear letters, and reads:
זאת / נדב ה"ה [הלא הוא] / הרבני הנגי'[ד] / ר' גדלי'[ה] / בשביל / כבוד / התורה / שנת / ת'ק'צ'ב' / לפ"ק [לפרט קטן]"
"This was donated by Mr., the learned in Torah, the affluent Reb Gedalia for the honor of the Torah, the year (5)594 (1832)"
The tables are supported by two eagles that stand on a floral motif and pick in the leaves that come out from a basket with flowers that surmounts it. At the bottom of the shield there is a flower from which foliate scrolls emerge. Three holes are pierced in the plate, one at the top and one on each side of the arch.