Img. ID: 10425
The synagogue in Bychawa was built in 1811, according to an inscription: “The building that is built by Yitzhak of son of the late Mordecai in 1811, from the windows to the walls and ceiling, including Torah Ark.”
The synagogue in Bychawa is a rectangular building with six windows of the prayer hall and a women's gallery on the west side. The construction of building based on a vaulted ceiling and four large central pillars of the bimah dividing the space into nine bays. In the interior (on the bimah and eastern wall), fragments of inscriptions and murals are preserved. There are motifs of four animals and musical instruments. These murals were probably made in the early 20th century. The inscriptions belong to the time of construction of the synagogue.
For the bimah with four animals motif see:
| 5 Kośtiuszki (Bóżnicza) St.