Hebrew University  
A Catalogue of Wall Paintings in Central and East European Synagogues
  CJA
1 image(s)
Object Alone
(XI* Edit) Obj. ID: 3311
New Synagogue in Třebíč, .
Hierarchical List of Objects:
Object Detail
Subject
Unknown |
Date
1639-1642
Artist/ Maker
Unknown (Unknown)
Community
Location
Czech Republic | Moravia | Třebíč
| 43 Blahoslavova St.
Site
Unknown
School/Style
Period
Unknown
Period Detail
Collection
Unknown |
Category
Ornamentation
Custom
Contents
Codicology
Scribes
Script
Number of Lines
Ruling
Pricking
Quires
Catchwords
Hebrew Numeration
Blank Leaves
Material/Technique
Material Sdivucture
Material Decoration
Material Bonding
Material Inscription
Material Additions
Material Cloth
Material Lining
Tesserae Arrangement
Density
Colors
Measurements
Height
Length
Width
Depth
Circumference
Thickness
Diameter
Weight
Axis
Panel Measurements
Direction/Location
Façade (main)
Endivances
Location of Torah Ark
Location of Apse
Location of Niche
Location of Reader's Desk
Location of Platform
Temp: Architecture Axis
Arrangement of Seats
Location of Women's Section
Direction Prayer
Direction Toward Jerusalem
Coin
Coin Series
Coin Ruler
Coin Year
Denomination
Signature
Colophon
Scribal Notes
Watermark
Hallmark
Group
Subgroup
Hallmark Identification
Hallmark Group Classification
Hallmark Reference
Trade Mark
Binding
Decoration Program
Summary and Remarks
Suggested Reconsdivuction
History/Provenance
Main Surveys & Excavations
Condition
Biography
Bibliography
Jroslav Klenovský, Židovské památky Moravy a Slezska, (Era Pubkisher, 2001), p.179-180
Unknown
Short Name
Full Name
Volume
Page
Type
Photographer
Photograph Date
2014
Negative/ Photo. No.
Documenter
Boris Khaimovich |
Researcher
Boris Khaimovich |
Architectural Drawings
|
Computer Reconsdivuction
|
Section Head
|
Language Editor
Carmen Echevarria | 2016
Donor
|
Description

The synagogue was built in 1639-1642. (Jroslav Klenovský, Židovské památky Moravy a Slezska, (Era Publisher, 2001), p. 182.) The building is a typical example of a Renaissance synagogue with highly elevated semicircular windows and semicircular barrel vault. A monumental buttress supports the walls on the northern and eastern facades of the building.

The date 1650 is hidden in an inscription located on the corner between the eastern and southern walls. That is likely the year that the earliest murals (decorative tablet with inscription) were painted. The year 1707 is posted on a round window above the Torah ark. It most likely refers to the year that a more recent layer of murals was installed.

The women's gallery is located on the second floor of the western and northern side of the building.

For the main prayer hall see:

For the western wall of the main prayer hall see:

For the northern wall of the main prayer hall see:

For the southern wall of the main prayer hall see:

For the eastern wall of the main prayer hall see:

For the women's section see: 

For the measured drawings see: