The Leipziger Temple in Piatra-Neamţ was originally built by David and Pinchas Kolomier in 1839 and renovated in 1904 after a fire. The rebuilt synagogue features a high curved roof and two tiers of windows. The windows in the upper tier are circular, while those in the lower tier are semicircular (forming the top section of an arch). Atypically the eastern wall, which contains the niche for the Torah ark inside the main prayer hall, is a long wall; the prayer hall is thus wide instead of long. The exterior of the eastern wall (at the place corresponding to the niche for the Torah ark) features a rectangular apse decorated with pilasters, a blind arch, and an inscription with the name of the synagogue.
See: A. Streja and L. Schwarz, The Synagogue in Romania, 2nd ed. (Bucharest: Hasefer, 2009), p. 154.
For the interior of the main prayer hall see: