The (GAH) Synagogue in Suceava was founded in 1870 by the Gmilut Hasadim society. The synagogue was rebuilt many times: in 1910, in 1929, in 1975 and in 1983 (Streja A., and Schwarz L., The Synagogue in Romania, The Hasefer Publishing House, 2009, 116-117).
The modern building, disproportionate and asymmetrical, appeared as a result of numerous renovations. However, three large windows of the prayer hall and smoll windows of the women's gallery on the second floor on the south façade clearly indicate the nature of the building. The women's gallery is located on the second floor and is now on both sides of the prayer hall: on the west and on the north.
For Interior see: