Hebrew University  
A Catalogue of Wall Paintings in Central and East European Synagogues
  CJA
16 image(s)
Object Alone
(XI* Edit) Obj. ID: 14305
Wooden Synagogue in Yaryshiv (Yaryshev, Jaryczów), .
Hierarchical List of Objects:
Object Detail
Subject
Unknown |
Date
1779
Artist/ Maker
Community
Unknown |
Site
Unknown
School/Style
Unknown|
Period Detail
Category
Ornamentation
Custom
Contents
Codicology
Scribes
Script
Number of Lines
Ruling
Pricking
Quires
Catchwords
Hebrew Numeration
Blank Leaves
Material/Technique
Material Sdivucture
Material Decoration
Material Bonding
Material Inscription
Material Additions
Material Cloth
Material Lining
Tesserae Arrangement
Density
Colors
Measurements
Height
Length
Width
Depth
Circumference
Thickness
Diameter
Weight
Axis
Panel Measurements
Direction/Location
Façade (main)
Endivances
Location of Torah Ark
Location of Apse
Location of Niche
Location of Reader's Desk
Location of Platform
Temp: Architecture Axis
Arrangement of Seats
Location of Women's Section
Direction Prayer
Direction Toward Jerusalem
Coin
Coin Series
Coin Ruler
Coin Year
Denomination
Signature
Colophon
Scribal Notes
Watermark
Hallmark
Group
Subgroup
Hallmark Identification
Hallmark Group Classification
Hallmark Reference
Trade Mark
Binding
Decoration Program
Summary and Remarks
Suggested Reconsdivuction
History/Provenance
Main Surveys & Excavations
Condition
Biography
Bibliography
תמר שדמי, הכתובות שעל קירות בתי הכנסת במזרח אירופה – מקורותיהן, משמעות ותפקידן בעיצוב תפיסת החלל ועבודת הקודש, חיבור לשם קבלת תואר "דוקטור לפילוסופיה" (אוניברסיטת בר אילן, רמת גן, אייר תשעא [2011]) ע.180-182
Short Name
Full Name
Volume
Page
Type
Photographer
Photograph Date
1928?
Negative/ Photo. No.
Documenter
|
Researcher
Khaimovich |
Architectural Drawings
|
Computer Reconsdivuction
|
Section Head
|
Language Editor
|
Donor
|
Description

Exterior

The synagogue was built in the middle of the 18th.   

The building is a typical wooden synagogue from Podolia region. The bulk of the building is almost square in plan, covered with a high combined roof. Two twin - windows were situated on the eastern, northern and southern side of the building. A bunk galleries were attached to the west and to south sides of the building.