Hebrew University  
A Catalogue of Wall Paintings in Central and East European Synagogues
  CJA
6 image(s)
Object Alone
(XI* Edit) Obj. ID: 14035
Wooden Synagogue in Horb, Eastern and western walls.
Hierarchical List of Objects:
Object Detail
Eastern and western walls
Date
1734 - 1735
Community
Site
Unknown
School/Style
Unknown|
Period
Unknown
Period Detail
Category
Ornamentation
Custom
Contents
Codicology
Scribes
Script
Number of Lines
Ruling
Pricking
Quires
Catchwords
Hebrew Numeration
Blank Leaves
Material/Technique
Material Sdivucture
Material Decoration
Material Bonding
Material Inscription
Material Additions
Material Cloth
Material Lining
Tesserae Arrangement
Density
Colors
Measurements
Height
Length
Width
Depth
Circumference
Thickness
Diameter
Weight
Axis
Panel Measurements
Direction/Location
Façade (main)
Endivances
Location of Torah Ark
Location of Apse
Location of Niche
Location of Reader's Desk
Location of Platform
Temp: Architecture Axis
Arrangement of Seats
Location of Women's Section
Direction Prayer
Direction Toward Jerusalem
Coin
Coin Series
Coin Ruler
Coin Year
Denomination
Signature
Colophon
Scribal Notes
Watermark
Hallmark
Group
Subgroup
Hallmark Identification
Hallmark Group Classification
Hallmark Reference
Trade Mark
Binding
Decoration Program
Summary and Remarks
Suggested Reconsdivuction
History/Provenance
Main Surveys & Excavations
Condition
Biography
Bibliography
Piechotka, M., & K. Piechotka, Bramy Nieba: Bóznice drewniane na ziemiach dzwnei Rzeczypospolitej, rev. ed., (Warszawa: Krupski i S-ka, 1996)p. 142-143
תערוכת אליעזר זוסמן מבראד: צייר בתי-כנסת בגרמניה במאה הי"ח: תצלומים, רישומים, ספרים, מאמרים, תעודות, מוזיאון הארץ (תל-אביב), )תל-אביב : המוזיאון, תשכ"ח 1968(
דוידוביץ, דוד, אמנות ואמנים ב בבתי-כנסת של פולין : מקורות, בתי-כנסת של פולין: מקורות, סגנונות, השפעות, [תל-אביב] : הקבוץ המאוחד, תשמ"ב
תמר שדמי, הכתובות שעל קירות בתי הכנסת במזרח אירופה – מקורותיהן, משמעות ותפקידן בעיצוב תפיסת החלל ועבודת הקודש, חיבור לשם קבלת תואר "דוקטור לפילוסופיה" (אוניברסיטת בר אילן, רמת גן, אייר תשעא [2011]) ע. 258-259
Short Name
Full Name
Volume
Page
Type
Photographer
Photograph Date
Negative/ Photo. No.
Documenter
Boris Khaimovich |
Researcher
Boris Khaimovich |
Architectural Drawings
|
Computer Reconsdivuction
|
Section Head
|
Language Editor
Carmen Echevarria | 2016
Donor
|
Description

The synagogue was built in 1707 and was painted by Elieser Sussman in 1734 - 1735.

The Jewish community left the synagogue in 1760 and the building was used for storing hay. Pieces of the synagogue were moved to the museum in Bamberg in 1912 and then to the Israel Museum in Jerusalem in 1968.

Pictured above are sketches of the eastern and western walls of the synagogue made by Hans Droesner-Küps in 1909.