Hugo Gold (ed.), Geschichte der Juden in der Bukowina, 2 vols (Tel Aviv, 1958-1962), vol. 2, p. 105
The Great Synagogue in Siret was apparently built in 1840 (Streja & Schwarz p. 106) and reconstructed later. It is situated in the very center of the town. The two-story building faces the street with southwest facade and has a gallery on its northwestern side (bricked between 1968 and 1996). A single story attachment on the southwest side was demolished before 1996.