Samuel Gruber wrote on his blog:
"A Jewish ghetto was built to the west of the town center in the first third of the 18th century. Residential separation of Jews and Christians was not unusual in the Middle Ages, but it was rarely forced or required, especially in smaller localities. In the early 18th century, however, The Emperor Charles VI order the segregation of Jews in 1727, and many new ghettos date form this period. The arrangement at Kasejovice is typical of the planning of some of the smaller such ghettos.
The plan of the ghetto followed a common arrangement at the time. One-story houses were built around almost square open space, and a little later a synagogue surrounded by four little houses was constructed in the center. The only possible entrance to the ghetto was through a narrow street in the north-east corner. Bohemian ghettos were often physically or symbolically closed off on Saturdays (to keep Christians out) and Sunday (to keep Jews in).
In the first half of the 18th century there are 13 houses documented, in the early 19'" century, 25 houses. Early in the 19th century the houses on the eastern side of the ghetto were demolished, and those on the southern side were demolished between 1945- and 1965. Only about half of the original houses survive, and these are mostly rebuilt."