The report "Jewish Historic Monuments and Sites in Bulgaria" published by The United States Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad in 2011 states the following:
The Jewish cemetery occupies a section of a municipal cemetery, which was established around 1830. The Jewish section contains about 40 gravestones that date from the 19th century. Some gravestones have portraits on them. The stones inscribed in Hebrew and Bulgarian are made of granite, marble and limestone. The cemetery is surrounded by a masonry wall with a gate that locks. There is not a caretaker, but relatives of the deceased contribute some maintenance work. There are about 35 Jewish people still living in Haskovo.
“Jewish Historic Monuments and Sites in Bulgaria.” The United States Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad, 2011, Part 1, p. 26.