Hebrew University  
The Bezalel Narkiss Index of Jewish Art
  CJA
Search Index Home Page
Object

Object

Object Alone
Show sub-set tree:
  (XI) Obj. ID: 17521 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924,, Chemnitz, 1924. // Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

To the main object: Drawings of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, Germany


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
5 Date 1924
5a Activity Dates
5b Reconstruction Dates
6 Period Unknown
6a Period Detail
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
20 Remarks
20 Description

From 1924 to 1928, the main hall was enlarged towards the west, nearly doubling in size (inner measurements: 6.70 x 6.70 5.10 x 8.70 m [full-length 11.70 m]), with a large new polygonal apse (3.00 x 5.10 m).  The two flanking wings remained the same size as in the building of 1882, though doors were opened in the south wing. The ceiling was changed from a mirrored vaulting to a double mirrored one. In the east facade, a vestibule was added (2.10 x 2.80 m), flanked by two small service rooms (2.00 x 1.80 m each).  These seem to be an afterthought, because they do not feature in the original enlargement plan.  Moreover, the fact that the front socle of the vestibule continues from its south corner to the inner wall of its adjacent south room suggests, that the vestibule was built first, before the planning of the side rooms.  Another significant change of plan is seen in the large apse, which received an upper round window instead of an elongated narrow window on either side.

The east facade has an entrance door to the vestibule, with a semi-round window on either side, for the two added service rooms.  Two upper twin windows flank the roof of the vestibule, which has semi-round windows fixed in its three sides.  The side wings each retain the large, arched window.

The addition to the main hall has on the north and south walls a triple window, its central part topped by a semi-round one.  The two chimneys, which jut each from the north and south common walls of the main hall and adjacent wings, were shortened.

On the west wall, the polygonal apse has a round window, and the side wings have each a large arched window. 

On the south wall, a door was opened in the apse, another in one of the rooms of the south wing, and yet another in the south wall of the vestibule’s service room.  In addition, connecting doors were added in the south wing between the two rooms and towards the main hall.

On the north wall, the cleansing room retained the exit door and the window in the adjacent room.   Another door is on the north wall of the vestibule’s second service room.

Lending a unified impression to the building is the cornice on the added part of the main hall, which joins that of the wings and apse.  The hipped roof of the main hall and the half-hipped of the wings consist of a wooden paneled construction covered by slate.


More Details...
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors
25k Construction Material

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
Unknown
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
17521
48 Temp: Addenda
OVRPO=ntl%3Atrue%2Cntl_localname%3Atrue%2Csubject%3A%2Csubject_detail%3A%2Cobject%3Atrue%2Cobject_detail%3A%2Cmaker_profession%3Atrue%2Cmaker_name%3Atrue%2Cmaker_detail%3Atrue%2Cdate%3Atrue%2Cperiod%3Atrue%2Cperiod_detail%3Atrue%2Cphotographer%3A%2Cphoto_date%3A%2Cphotographer_copyright%3A%2Corigin%3Atrue%2Corigin_detail%3Atrue%2Chistorical_origin%3Atrue%2Cschool%3Atrue%2Cschool_detail%3Atrue%2Ccommunity%3Atrue%2Ccommunity_detail%3Atrue%2Ccollection%3Atrue%2Ccollection_detail%3Atrue%2Ccopyright%3Atrue%2Csite%3Atrue%2Csite_detail%3Atrue%2Clocation%3Atrue%2Clocation_detail%3Atrue%2Cdescription%3A%2C&

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

Less Details


Object's images (13 image(s))

     

(XXII) ID: 176826 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, , Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176826 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, , Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344227
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176826
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176827 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176827 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344228.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176827
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176828 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176828 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344229.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176828
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176829 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176829 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344230.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176829
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176830 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176830 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344231.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176830
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176831 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176831 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344232.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176831
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176832 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176832 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344233.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176832
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176833 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176833 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344234.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176833
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176834 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176834 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344235.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176834
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176835 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176835 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344236.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176835
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176836 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176836 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344237.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176836
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176837 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176837 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344238.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176837
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176838 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture
ID: 176838 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1924 edit  
Category: Jewish Ritual Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1924 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Naumann (architect),Kalitzki (architect) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1924
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344239.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof covered with slates.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 18.70 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances East
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse West
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis East-West
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer West
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem Southeast

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Building Authority’s Archives of Chemnitz, parcel Nos. 293 and 295.
The Municipal Archives of Chhhjemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz 1945-1990, file 10156.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176838
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a



     

 

 

Mount Scopus, Humanities Building, Jerusalem 91905, Israel
Tel.: (972-2) 5882281 |  Fax.: (972-2) 5400105
E-mail: cja@mail.huji.ac.il
      All rights reserved to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem©
For comments: To Webmaster
Page Up