Hebrew University  
The Bezalel Narkiss Index of Jewish Art
  CJA
Search Index Home Page
Object

Object

Object Alone
Show sub-set tree:
  (XI) Obj. ID: 17520 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882,, Chemnitz, 1882. // Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

To the main object: Drawings of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, Germany


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
5 Date 1882
5a Activity Dates
5b Reconstruction Dates
6 Period Unknown
6a Period Detail
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
20 Remarks
20 Description

According to surviving plans in the Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, the building was a broad house with a symmetric floor plan, consisting of a square main hall (inner measurements: 6.70 x 6.70m) with flanking side wings (inner measurements: 3.10 x 6.30m).  The entrance was from the east, and the west wall had a polygonal apse (1.70 x 2.30m).  The north wing consisted of a room for cleansing and dressing the body (4.10 x 3.10m) and a smaller room for the guard (2.05 x 3.10m).  The south wing had a waiting room for the rabbi and the bereaved family (3.70 x 3.10) and a smaller one for keeping burial tools and utensils (2.30 x 3.10m).  The main hall was covered by a hipped roof and the wings – by semi-hipped roofs.

The east facade had a central door with upper twin arched windows on either side, and each wing was pierced by a single large arched window.  Two chimneys of the heating stoves were located in the east and west walls of the main hall.

The west wall had a polygonal apse which was flanked by upper twin arched windows. The north wing had a small arched window for the cleansing room. The utensil room on the south wing had a door opening to the west.

The south wall of the building had two large arched windows, each of the two rooms in the southern wing. The north wall of the building had a door leading from the cleansing room to the graveyard.

The plan was probably executed with few changes. Most likely, a door was located between the cleansing room and the main hall, allowing direct passage. This conjecture is further supported by drawings for the expansion of 1924, in which this door already appears. In the guard room, it is possible that an additional window was present on the north wall, as this is indicated on the 1924 drawing.


More Details...
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors
25k Construction Material

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
17520
48 Temp: Addenda
OVRPO=ntl%3Atrue%2Cntl_localname%3Atrue%2Csubject%3A%2Csubject_detail%3A%2Cobject%3Atrue%2Cobject_detail%3A%2Cmaker_profession%3Atrue%2Cmaker_name%3Atrue%2Cmaker_detail%3Atrue%2Cdate%3Atrue%2Cperiod%3Atrue%2Cperiod_detail%3Atrue%2Cphotographer%3A%2Cphoto_date%3A%2Cphotographer_copyright%3A%2Corigin%3Atrue%2Corigin_detail%3Atrue%2Chistorical_origin%3Atrue%2Cschool%3Atrue%2Cschool_detail%3Atrue%2Ccommunity%3Atrue%2Ccommunity_detail%3Atrue%2Ccollection%3Atrue%2Ccollection_detail%3Atrue%2Ccopyright%3Atrue%2Csite%3Atrue%2Csite_detail%3Atrue%2Clocation%3Atrue%2Clocation_detail%3Atrue%2Cdescription%3A%2C&

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

Less Details


Object's images (10 image(s))

     

(XXII) ID: 176816 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, , Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176816 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, , Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344218
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176816
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176817 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176817 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344217.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176817
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176818 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176818 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344219.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176818
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176819 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176819 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344220.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176819
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176820 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176820 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344221.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176820
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176821 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176821 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344222.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176821
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176822 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176822 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344223.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176822
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176823 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176823 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344224.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176823
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176824 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176824 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344225.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176824
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a

(XXII) ID: 176825 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit
Category: Jewish Architecture
ID: 176825 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882, 3D computer model, Chemnitz, 1882 edit  
Category: Jewish Architecture

General Document


2 Name/Title 3D computer model of the Cemetery chapel in Chemnitz, stage of 1882 | Unknown
3a Object Cemetery Chapel
3b Object Detail 3D computer model
4a Artist/ Maker Reisig (architect),Sänger, Ernst (contractor) (Unknown)
4c Maker Detail
5 Date 1882
6 Period Unknown
7 Origin Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
|
8 Community Reform
|
9 Collection Unknown |
10 Location Germany | Sachsen (Saxony) | Chemnitz
| Kassberg area; Jewish Cemetery “Am Laubengang”
11 Site Unknown
12 School/Style Unknown|
13 Iconographical Subject Unknown |
14 Category
17 Photographer Unknown
18 Photograph Date
19 Negative/ Photo. No.
19a Scan No. A344226.jpg
20 Description
21 Ornamentation
 
21 Ornamentation
22 Custom
23 Contents
24 Codicology
24a Scribes
24b Script
24c Number of Lines
24d Ruling
24e Pricking
24f Quires
24g Catchwords
24h Hebrew Numeration
24i Blank Leaves

25 Material/Technique
Brick and plastered walls, wooden roof.
25a Material Structure
25b Material Decoration
25c Material Bonding
25d Material Inscription
25e Material Additions
25f Material Cloth
25g Material Lining
25h Tesserae Arrangement
25i Density
25j Colors

26 Measurements
26a Height 7.40 m
26b Length 7.00 m
26c Width 14.50 m
26d Depth
26e Circumference
26f Thickness
26g Diameter
26h Weight
26i Axis
26j Panel Measurements
27 Direction/Location
27a Façade (main)
27b Entrances
27c Location of Torah Ark
27d Location of Apse
27e Location of Niche
27f Location of Reader's Desk
27g Location of Platform
27h Temp: Architecture Axis
27i< Arrangement of Seats
27j Location of Women's Section
27k Direction Prayer
27l Direction Toward Jerusalem

28 Coin
28a Coin Series
28b Coin Ruler
28c Coin Year
28d Denomination

29 Signature
30 Colophon
31 Scribal Notes
32 Watermark
33 Hallmark
33a Group
33b Subgroup
33c Hallmark Identification
33d Hallmark Group Classification
33e Hallmark Reference
34 Trade Mark
35 Binding
36 Decoration Program
36 Summary and Remarks
38 Suggested Reconstruction
39 History/Provenance
I. The burial society Hevra Kadisha submitted a request for a building permit for a cemetery hall on February 27, 1882. In March 1882, the Royal District Administrator approved the request. Involved in the construction were Dresel, Landsberg and Levy – members of the Jewish community of Chemnitz, the contractor Ernst Sänger and the architect, possibly Reisig, who signed the construction drawings. In the course of that year, 1882, the chapel in the Jewish cemetery, parcel number 293, was built.
II. In 1924, new plans to enlarge the cemetery chapel were prepared by the architects Naumann and Kalitzki. While the building was going on, the plan was somewhat altered and renovations were completed in 1928. The building was confiscated in 1943, and was to be demolished in 1944. Instead, it was rented by Auto-Union A-G until July 1945. That year, the building was given back to the Jewish community in Chemnitz, but the place was plundered two years later. In 1949, permission was granted for its reuse as a cemetery chapel.
III. The building of 1924, given back to the Jewish community in 1945, was renovated as follows:
In 1955 the old heating system was changed, and a proposal for installing a gas exhaust chimney was submitted.
In 1968 the building was renovated.
In 1997 the facades and roof were renovated.
40 Main Surveys & Excavations
41 Condition
42 Biography
43 Bibliography
The Municipal Archives of Chemnitz, Jüdischer Friedhof Chemnitz bis 1928, file III XXIIa 382.
Diamant, Adolf, Chronik der Juden in Chemnitz (Frankfurt am Main, 1970), pp. 19-20.
Zeugnisse Jüdischer Kultur: Erinnerungsstätten in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen und Thüringen (Berlin, 1992), pp. 217-221.
43a Short Name
43b Full Name
43c Volume
43d Page

44 Type
45 Temp: Batch Number
|
46 Temp: Aleph Number
47 Temp: Sys. Number / Doc. Name
176825
48 Temp: Addenda

Registrar
Function: Name: Date:
49 Documenter Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 49a
50 Researcher Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 50a
51 Architectural Drawings Alice Laser and Mario Schneidereit, TU Dresden 1999 51a
52 Computer Reconstruction Vladimir Levin 2000 52a
53 Section Head Aliza Cohen-Mushlin 2000 53a
54 Editor Dvora Sax 2000 54a
55 Donor 55a



     

 

 

Mount Scopus, Humanities Building, Jerusalem 91905, Israel
Tel.: (972-2) 5882281 |  Fax.: (972-2) 5400105
E-mail: cja@mail.huji.ac.il
      All rights reserved to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem©
For comments: To Webmaster
Page Up