According to ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, Pidhaytsi Jewish cemetery is one of the oldest an well-preserved Jewish cemeteries on Ukraine. There are about 1500 gravestones, date of the latest tombstone is 1952. The oldest tombstone on this cemetery, preserved till today, dates back to 1630 (documented by Jewish Galicia and Bukovina Project). Hovewer, Pidhaytsi Yizkor book mentions some tombstones of 1420, presumably exiting on the cemetery. It is unknown, whether these matsevot of XV century did not survive until today or just are a local legend, retold by Yizkor book. The cemetery is shown on the cadastral map of 1846.
The cemetery is fenced. Its roadside is surrounded by a metal fence of 1.8 metres height. Its southern and eastern sides are surrounded by a metal mesh fence. The cemetery site is used for cattle grazing.