According to ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, the exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the 1700s, so it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged in the late 17th century or during the first year of the 18th century. First, it appears on Austrian maps of the 1860s. Later it was marked on the map of the 1880s.
The cemetery is partly fenced by remnants of a metal fence on a concrete foundation. There are about 1000 gravestones.
Date of the oldest tombstone: 1700
Date of the latest tombstone: 1923