The cemetery in Burshtyn was fully documented by the project Jewish Galicia and Bukovina in 2010.
See also the website of the Jewish Galicia and Bukovina (http://jgaliciabukovina.net/119599/cemetery/burshtyn-cemetery).
According to ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, the exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the VAAD research, the oldest gravestone’s relates to 1789. The earliest epigraphic data found by ESJF relates to the first half of the 19th century. First, it appears on Austrian maps of the 1860s and, later, it was also marked on maps of 1880s.
The site is used for cattle grazing. There are haystacks at the cemetery site. There are about 350 gravestones.
Date of the oldest tombstone: 1838
Date of the latest tombstone: 1932