Hebrew University Humanities   Home Page   CJA


Architecture of Synagogues and Jewish Monuments

Click on this picture to open a PDF file


wooden synagogue and rabbi’s house in Kaltinienai, Lithuanian, built ca. 1938.
The building was used for prayer until 1941, after World War II it served as an agricultural storage,
and since the 1990s stands abandoned.

The model was produced by our volunteer, a London–based architect Peter Stern. www.peterstern.co.uk

To View presentations, please install Adobe Reader

Mount Scopus, Humanities Building, Jerusalem 91905, Israel
Tel.: (972-2) 5882281 |  Fax.: (972-2) 5400105
E-mail: cja@mail.huji.ac.il
      All rights reserved to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem©
Last Updated: 21 October, 2014
For comments: To Webmaster
Page Up