The lower tier of the western wall of the prayer hall contains the main entrance. An arcade of five arches connects the women's section to the upper tier of the prayer hall.
The upper tier is a result of a reconstruction undertaken either in 1902 or in the 1920s (before 1929). Thus, the pilasters flanking the entrance are preserved only on the lower tier. The spaces between the arches on the upper tier are decorated with sunken rhomboids, and the piers between the arches are decorated with sunken rectangles.
The arches were bricked up after WWII when the building was transformed into a storage facility.