The Jewish cemetery was founded in the 17th century, before 1695, for families from Černovice, Nové Včelnice, and Kamenice nad Lipou. Today it includes around 300 gravestones from the 18th century until the 1930s. By the mid-1990s it was in devastating condition, densely overgrown, with dozens of stones buried and the wall and pre-burial house seriously damaged. Cleaning, restoration, and reconstruction began in 1996 and culminated with the dedication of the Holocaust memorial.
"On the road in CZ: a closer look at the Plzeň Holocaust memorial," Jewish Heritage Europe, July 26, 2018., https://jewish-heritage-europe.eu/2018/07/26/on-the-road-in-cz-a-closer-look-at-the-plzen-holocaust-memorial/ (accessed December 28, 2021)