This description was written by William Gross:
Typical of the many olive wood objects of ritual art made in Jerusalem in the first part of the 20th century, this upper part of one of a pair of Atzei Chaim carries carved images of holy sites in the Holy Land. Inlaid medallions of mother of pearl bear an inscribed Magen David with "Zion" inside, much in use after the First Zionist Congress (1897).
"A donation of Rav Ephraim Tzvi the son of Rav David Oberleli, may his light shine"
(near carvings) the place of the Temple, the monument to Absalom, the tomb of the patriarchs, the tomb of Shimon the righteous,
H | Holy and other places in the Land of Israel | Holy Tombs | Absalom's Tomb
H | Holy and other places in the Land of Israel | Holy Tombs | Cave of Machpelah (Tomb of the Patriarchs/Matriarchs)
M | Magen David
H | Holy and other places in the Land of Israel | Holy Tombs | Samuel the Prophet, Tomb of
T | Temple Mount