Jews settled in the small town Sebeş in the 1860s, and in 1869/70 their number reached only 33. By 1900 the Jewish population increased to 109 and by 1910 to 120 persons. Small Jewish cemetery in Sebeş is situated outside the town, adjacent to the cemetery of the Seventh Day Adventists. Its territory is surrounded by wire. There are about 20 tombstones dating from 1909 to 1944. Two of them mark the graves of the members of the Izrael family.