The Torah shield is a rectangular plaque surmounted by an arched top with shoulders.
The plaque bears a twofold panel depicting Ten Commandments. The panel is inscribed with the first words of Ten Commandments, five commandments on each side. The inscription is done in Hebrew with square filled letters:
אנכ[י] י'י' [=ה' אלהיך]
לא ת"ע [=תעשה לך פסל]
לא ת' [=תשא את שם ה' לשוא]
זכור [את יום השבת לקדשו]
כבד [את אביך ואת אמיך]
לא ת' [=תרצח]
לא ת' [=תנאף]
לא ת' [=תגנב]
לא ת' [=תענה ברעך עד שקר]
לא ת' [=תחמד בית רעך]
The panel is sided with two rampant lions standing on twisted columns and holding a crown. The crown is inscribed in Hebrew with square filled letters:
כתר תורה "Torah crown"
Below the panel, there is a vase with flowers.
The shield is framed with raised band decorated with foliate scroll.
The backside of the panel has two ringlets for a suspension chain.
The hallmark has three parts.
The first part (from the left) is a mark of the assay master. It has the initials of the assay master in Russian letters: И.K. and the date 1864. It is probably the stamp of the assay master from Tula Ivan Kapuskin.
The second part is the silver standard mark 84 indicating the silver fineness.
The third part is a mark of the town Tula.