Obj. ID: 3311
Jewish Architecture New Synagogue in Třebíč, Czech Republic
The synagogue was built in 1639-1642. (Jroslav Klenovský, Židovské památky Moravy a Slezska, (Era Publisher, 2001), p. 182.) The building is a typical example of a Renaissance synagogue with highly elevated semicircular windows and semicircular barrel vault. A monumental buttress supports the walls on the northern and eastern facades of the building.
The date 1650 is hidden in an inscription located on the corner between the eastern and southern walls. That is likely the year that the earliest murals (decorative tablet with inscription) were painted. The year 1707 is posted on a round window above the Torah ark. It most likely refers to the year that a more recent layer of murals was installed.
The women's gallery is located on the second floor of the western and northern side of the building.
For the main prayer hall see:
For the western wall of the main prayer hall see:
For the northern wall of the main prayer hall see:
For the southern wall of the main prayer hall see:
For the eastern wall of the main prayer hall see:
For the women's section see:
For the measured drawings see:
| 43 Blahoslavova St.