Text space: (238-240) x (137-139) mm.
Dark green leather turned brown on wooden boards (349 x222 mm); gold-tooled with a central roundel on the front and a shield on the back cover within an undulating lozenge in a large rectangle, decorated with floral motifs at the centre of each side and at the corners. The front roundel is inscribed קבלה, and below it the letters FFFF (same binding and signature as in Cod.hebr. 31). The spine, blind-tooled with hatching, has three hidden cords and head and tail bands. On the edges of the front cover are vestiges of four groups of three plaited leather bands, two on the side and one each on the upper and lower edges, with corresponding holes for four nails on the edges of the back cover (for preserved bands see Cod.hebr. 301). Each group of three bands terminated in a ring intended to hook over the nails in the opposite cover. The leaves are gilt-edged.
This binding was made for Fugger by the 'Fugger Binder' inVenice(Hobson 1999:119-129). Similar bindings in BSB: e.g. Cod.hebr. 7, 8, 26, 31, 35, 44, 45, 56, 57,60, Ahebr. 278 and Cod.gr. 14.
Watermarks of the front and back cover flyleaves: A bull's head below an arch and flower, at the centre of the folio (105 mm): unidentified.
- Decorative titles and initial words by Yishai in black, red, and green (e.g. fol. 1).
- Decoration by Yishai next to the initial words (fols. 203v, 208, 218, 262v).
- A branch with a bird by Scribe 21 (fol. 89v).
- Decorative title page for Midrash Rabbah (fol. 329) and ribbon-like initial word (fol. 330) opening the Midrash by Meir.
- The word הקדוש (the holy) by Meir has a crown on top (fol. 391).
Yishai ben Yehiel appears in BSB Cod.hebr. 7, 10, 19, 26, 28, 30, 31, 33, 42, 44, 45, 46, 47, 52, 56, 58, 62,
64, 68; Meir appears in BSB Cod.hebr. 7, 11, 15, 23, 27, 29, 31, 39, 44, 45, 47, 49, 54, 56, 58, 59; and Scribe21 inBSB Cod.hebr. 68.