The first synagogue was built in about 1700. In 1799, the second synagogue was erected. The new synagogue was surrounded by small buildings inhabited by poor Jews. In about 1880, the synagogue was reconstructed. It was a two-storey building constructed on the rectangular plan, covered with a gable roof. The oblong windows on the first floor were crowned by an arch (so-called Rundbogenstil). The synagogue was used by local Jews until 1927. In that year Alex Neumann, the last chairman of the Babimost kehilla resold it to the local Evangelical community. Under the terms and conditions of the sale, Neumann made a reservation that the building could serve only sacred purposes, and the Protestants were not allowed to resell it. The liturgical equipment of the synagogue was handed over to the Prussian association of Jewish kehillas in Berlin, with a simultaneous request to devote the money obtained from the sale of the synagogue to repairing the wall and maintenance of the Jewish cemetery in Babimost.
Thanks to this transaction, the building of the synagogue was not destroyed during the Crystal Night (9/10 November 1938) and has been preserved until now. In 1960s, the building was reconstructed. For a long time, it was used as the cultural centre. At present, it houses a sanitary fittings company (today 11 Powstańców Wlkp. Square).